Applications are invited to apply for UNIL Masters Scholarship 2024 in Switzerland. All International Students from every part of the globe are eligible to apply for International UNIL Scholarships at Université de Lausanne. Students those who want to undertake their Masters Degree from Switzerland are encouraged to apply. This is a Funded Scholarship available for academic year of 2024/2025.
Multiple educational programs are available at the university to pursue Masters degree with a scholarship. Masters scholarships are scholarships for excellence awarded exclusively to students who have graduated from a foreign university and whose academic results are of a very high level. University is offering 10 awards every year.
The University of Lausanne was established in 1537 is the second oldest institute in the Switzerland. More than 25,000 national and international students are currently studying here. The university is ranked at 11th in the Europe and 41th in the world.
About the UNIL Masters Scholarship 2024/2025:
|University:||University of Lausanne|
|Eligible nationality:||All Nationalities|
UNIL Masters Scholarship 2024 in Switzerland is partially funded scholarship which will provide CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters for the duration of 1.5 years or 2 years depending on the study program. Candidates are made aware that the sum of the scholarship award is not sufficient to live in Switzerland.
Note: Visit the following link to check the living expenses in Switzerland (Click Here).
List of Masters Degree Programs:
The list of all Masters degrees at UNIL in which students can apply are given below:
- Faculty of Biology and Medicine
- Faculty of Law, Criminal Justice and Public Administration
- Faculty of Geosciences and Environment
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
- Faculty of Theology and Sciences of Religions
- Interfaculty Programs
These Programs are not included in the scholarships:
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of education
- Master of Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- Master of criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- Master of Science in Physical Education and Sports Didactics
- Master of Science in Health sciences
- All MASs (PhD programs)
Please note: for the Master of Law, only two specialisms, “international and comparative law” and “legal theory” are open to applications for Masters scholarships.
Applicants have to submit the following document while applying for the award:
- Application form completed and duly signed
- Passport-sized photograph inserted in the application form (in JPEG format)
- Copy of your secondary school diploma. A certified/notarized translation of any diplomas not written in French, German, English or Italian is required.
- Bachelors Degree Certificate
- Copy of the program description of the last semester of your bachelor degree, if the degree has not yet been obtained
- Updates CV
- Cover letter
- Two original letters of recommendation from the candidate’s lecturers, in sealed envelopes.
- Copy of the language proficiency certificate in which the master is taught (TOEFL or IELTS for English and DALF or DELF for French). B2 is the minimum level required to follow the course.
- Copy of your passport or identity card
- Proof of payment of the CHF 200.00 administration fee (application processing fee)
Applicants must meet the following criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- To have obtained a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor at UNIL before the beginning of the masters program at UNIL.
- To have distinguished yourself during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- To have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or at least C1 in English according to the language in which your chosen masters is taught.
- Not been registered with UNIL
- To have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee (see document, “list of documents to attach to your application”).
How to Apply for UNIL Masters Scholarship?
To apply for UNIL Master’s Grant you must make an application for admission to the masters degree via the Admissions Department (SII).
Candidates must send their completed application (refer to the document, “list of documents to attach to your application”), unbound, by post only to the following address:
Université de Lausanne
Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME)
CH – 1015 Lausanne
The application form must be completed on a computer and duly signed by the candidate.
The application for the Masters scholarship also serves as an application for admission to your chosen masters (and therefore an application to register at UNIL).
Incomplete applications, particularly those lacking certified copies of the academic documents requested, will not be considered.