You know our historic schoolhouse and the special charm of a pioneering winery, proud to be a leader in WA State wine. Now imagine building and leading a friendly and devoted staff for L’Ecole’s newest space in Woodinville on Wine Walk Row in the Schoolhouse District. L’Ecole No 41 truly values its team and welcomes your effort to achieve our strategic vision.
L’Ecole’s new Woodinville location (projected opening August 2022) is close to many of our biggest fans and customers. Reporting to the WW-based General Manager, the pivotal role of Tasting Room Manager will be responsible for the management of the new space and the team works within its walls. Our ideal candidate will share our company values of authenticity, reliability, integrity, quality, service, and passion. Do you have a heart for hospitality, now more than ever?
Are you friendly but motivated? Are you cheerful yet hardworking? This full-time position is for just such a person, one who enjoys working with a results-driven team. We are looking to continue to grow our DTC business; connecting with guests is key to reinforcing L’Ecole’s industry leadership. If you value our 40 year legacy and have the ambition to create a legacy of your own, let’s talk.
• Put guest safety and comfort first, adapting service approach as necessary
• Collaborate on strategies to develop guest traffic; ensure that L’Ecole is on every Woodinville visitor’s “must-do” list
• Inspire your team by creating a culture of exceptional customer service, ensuring a positive experience at all points of contact
• Collaborate with Wine Club Manager to elevate on-site member experience
• Focus on customer loyalty, ensuring memorable experiences, while keeping sales objectives in focus
• Work with L’Ecole’s WW-based Hospitality Manager to develop tasting flights and engaging presentation strategies, periodic promotions or special offers, while ensuring guests experience fresh, memorable, interesting visits
• Lead tastings and elevated experiences – training your team to do likewise – for guests, including members of the public, as well as occasionally distributor, trade, and media personnel, periodically in collaboration with our National Sales team and/or Marketing Manager
• Manage proper organization and coverage of guest reservations
• Manage merchandise selection, working with Hospitality Manager to determine best line-up and proper stock levels
• Resolve customer issues seeking positive outcomes
• Oversee management of cash and other guest payment means with confidentiality and accuracy
• Use creativity to propose ideas for improvement of guest experience or other key aspects of the role
If you are passionate and knowledgeable about wine, viticulture, and enology, can you impart that attitude to your staff, resulting in a highly educated, professional team? You will learn our wines, winemaking philosophy, the distinctiveness of our vineyard terroirs, and our unique proposition, then convey this special knowledge to your team. Your team will have ongoing access to the WW-based team – to solidify and continually hone your expertise. You will be an on-floor presence, instilling a fine wine culture.
• Ensure tasting room staff members are safe, in keeping with county and state health guidelines
• Train, coach, educate, energize, motivate
• Lead team to achieve sales and wine club growth goals. Create motivating programs, track results and recognize top performers
• Identify strong team members to develop – and for whom to prioritize retention
• Cultivate teamwork, trust, and mutual respect while fostering a positive, productive, and empowering work environment
• Schedule and conduct monthly regular meetings to discuss progress against goals and stimulate a cohesive team attitude
• Properly schedule staff coverage, in consideration of seasonal traffic and special events
• Perform supervisory responsibilities to include recruiting, hiring, mentoring, and discipline
• Provide review and performance feedback to your team
• Monitor and track results to compile for monthly reporting to management
• Meet periodically with owner (Marty Clubb), General Manager (Constance Savage), and/or Wine Club Manager (Jaime Iseminger) to discuss progress, strategies of sales and club goals
• Recap annual results and top-line forward-looking annual plan, including proposals for improving areas of responsibility
• Maintain at the highest standard the overall appearance of the tasting room, working with WW staff members regarding any materials needed to ensure a pleasing & welcoming environment
• Track and manage sales usage – including projecting needed allocations and in-bound stocks – to work with Inventory Manager to organize shipments and receipts. Participate in mid-year and end-of-year inventory reconciliation
• Support sales with accurate use of POS system (Commerce7), troubleshooting any issues
Our ideal candidate has:
• 3+ years successful prior management in the wine industry as an effective, innovative, and enthusiastic leader, verifiable by letters of recommendation (or quick direct phone discussion) or online reviews
• Secondary Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations, Hospitality Management, or related field or equivalent work experience
• Passion and knowledge of wine
• Business Acumen: staff management, comfort with sales goals, expense management, inventory management, reporting and forecasting
• Problem-solving skills, detail-oriented, organized
• Strong communication
• Experience in executing consumer-facing events
• History of responsible alcohol use; other appropriate conduct, 21+ yo
• Ability to be certified by regulatory bodies (MAST & Food Handlers)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word.
• A valid driver’s license.
Ready to lead your team to provide memorable guest experiences?