The Bryan Cameron Impact Grant is a four-year, full-tuition, impact-driven undergraduate scholarship awarded each year to 10-15 outstanding high school students who have distinguished themselves in leadership, community service, extracurricular activities, and academics.
In their drive to have a direct influence on their communities and the world at large, the Cameron Impact Scholar stands out among their peers. Our Scholar strives to be a part of positive change agents and intends to adapt their education to that purpose. The Cameron Impact Scholarship covers all tuition, fees, and books for the recipient at any qualified U.S.-based college or university.
The Cameron Impact Scholarship is a merit-based program open to anybody who meets the GPA and citizenship requirements, regardless of ethnicity, socioeconomic background, religion, sexual orientation, or any other factor. We’re seeking for young leaders who have shown a dedication to making a good difference in a number of ways.
The scholarship was created by entrepreneur and philanthropist Bryan Cameron, who himself is a powerful example of someone who has made a lasting impact. In order to be eligible for the scholarship, students must submit an application that includes an essay, letters of recommendation, and transcripts. The contest is open to all US citizens who meet the criteria.
What is The Cameron Impact scholarship?
The Cameron Impact Scholarship is a $50,000 per annum scholarship awarded to high school seniors who have demonstrated excellence in academics, athletics, and leadership. The scholarship is offered to students in the United States who rank in the top 1% of their class. What’s more, applicants must also have demonstrated leadership skills and an effective track record of community service in addition to their achievements in academics. The scholarship is valued at $4, 000 per month for 12 months.
The Foundation informs all Applicants of their status, regardless of whether or not they get a Finalist Interview. Regular candidates will be notified by October 31st, while early applicants will be notified by June 30th. Correspondence may end up in SPAM folders on occasion. Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions about the status of your application.
How does the scholarship work?
The Cameron Impact scholarship works by ensuring that applicants will attend an Ivy League university of their choice. There are also several other benefits to applying for the scholarship:
- The scholarship provides free tuition, room, and board, as well as a financial aid package. • It helps cover a multitude of expenses that may not otherwise be covered, such as books, food, travel, and miscellaneous expenses. • It is renewable for four years. • The scholarship is valued at $4, 000 per month for 12 months. • Applicants are accepted each year in late February or early March, depending on the university. • If you’re offered a place at Cameron University, your scholarship is now a grant that will continue until the end of your undergraduate degree.
Who is Bryan Cameron?
Bryan Cameron is the Chairman and President of the Bryan Cameron Education Foundation. He is also a philanthropist and education advocate. Bryan believes that all students deserve access to quality education, regardless of their background or circumstances. He is committed to this goal and makes every effort to increase educational opportunities for all students.
Early Application Deadline: May 20, 2022, at NOON Pacific Time
Regular Application Deadline: September 9, 2022, at NOON Pacific Time
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria and Process of Selection
In many professional fields, there are several opportunities to make a good difference. In their lifetime commitment to the greater good, the Cameron Impact Scholar has both the talent and the will to make genuine meaningful contributions. Individuals pursuing jobs in education, NGOs, government, and/or military with a declared professional aim of public service will get around a quarter of the scholarships, according to the Foundation.
The Cameron Impact Scholarship is awarded to students who meet the following requirements.
The candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Maintain a cumulative, unweighted GPA of at least 3.7 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent in high school;
- To be a full citizen of the United States of America, you must:
- Be a member of the Class of 2023, and intend to enroll in a full-time course of study for the entire academic year after high school graduation at an authorized four-year U.S. institution or university;
- Demonstrate shown proficiency in extracurricular activities, be motivated leaders with a strong work ethic, and participate actively in community service and/or civic-minded venues; and
By the Application Deadline, you must submit the following three items: an online application, two needed letters of recommendation, and a transcript verifying academic accomplishment.
The Initial Online Application may be submitted in two ways:
- For the Class of 2023, the early application deadline is May 20, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. PT (NOON)
- For the Class of 2023, the regular application deadline is September 9, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. PT (NOON)
On a rolling basis, applications are received and evaluated. Please remember that the Foundation will only consider 3,000 applications from the Class of 2023. If and when this limit is reached, we will post a notice on the website and on our social media accounts.
In the Fall of 2022, the Selection Committee will pick 100 Finalists for face-to-face interviews (usually at the Applicant’s high school). The Cameron Impact Scholarship recipients will be revealed in December 2022.
The Cameron Impact Scholarship requires recipients to attend an annual Cameron Impact Scholars Award Ceremony and Summit for the life of the scholarship, which is four years.
NOTE: Applicants are highly encouraged to submit their applications well before the deadline. The Foundation will not be held liable for any technical difficulties with an applicant’s submission that arise after the final deadline.
Any member of the Bryan Cameron Education Foundation staff, Board of Directors, or Selection Committee cannot be connected to or have a prior affiliation with an applicant. The Foundation has a zero-tolerance policy for discrimination on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, race, color, religion, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected feature.
Recommendations and transcripts may be sent directly to the Foundation at [email protected] or posted immediately inside the Application when required. Please provide just two letters of recommendation.
Is the scholarship based on financial need?
The Cameron Impact Scholarship is awarded on the basis of merit. It is available to anybody who meets the GPA and citizenship criteria, regardless of ethnicity, socioeconomic class, religion, sexual orientation, or other characteristics. The biggest signs of a worthwhile educational investment are integrity, intellect, drive, work ethic, and readiness to help others. We will never ask you for any financial information about yourself or your family. Our assessment procedure does not take financial necessity into account.
Key Information of Cameron Impact Scholarship
- Unfortunately, you will not be able to save an application and return to it later to update it. We usually suggest saving replies in Word or a comparable software until you are ready to submit your Application to avoid losing information.
- Two recommendations are required; One must come from a member of the school community (teacher, administrator, counselor, coach, etc.) and the other must be from someone who has had a major effect on your life. (If they fall within the ‘impactful’ umbrella for you, this may include school-affiliated employees.) Please do not provide a parent or legal guardian’s endorsement).
- No more than two recommendations should be sent, If you submit more than two recommendations, the top two in order of receipt shall be considered.
- If your Transcript and/or Recommendations were not included in your Application, you may send them to us by e-mail at [email protected]. Your submission will not be deemed complete or eligible for consideration unless they are received by the deadline. Extensions are not available.
- If you encounter any problem warnings, make sure you save all of your work in Word or another comparable software to avoid data loss. The most typical cause of error messages is a problem with your web browser’s integrated cookies. The simplest approach is to use a different browser entirely (if you were using Safari, try Chrome, etc). Another option is to delete your history and deactivate cookies.
- The Cameron Impact Scholarship is open to those who want to take a gap year. However, you should apply with the graduating high school class with whom you will begin your first year of college. So, if you’re taking a gap year, apply by May or September of the year you’ll be taking it. Describing what you did during your gap year adds value to your application.
What does the Cameron Impact Scholarship cover?
The Cameron Impact Scholarship is designed to pay for the recipient’s complete tuition and ‘qualified educational expenditures’ (as defined by the Internal Revenue Service) at the college school of their choice. Although ‘educational expenditures’ differ across colleges and universities, the Scholarship is designed to cover tuition, fees, and books. Room and board are not covered by the Cameron Impact Scholarship.
How to Write a Winning Cameron Impact Scholarship Essay
To write a winning Cameron Impact Scholarship essay, start by brainstorming a list of your unique qualities and how they have helped you succeed in school and in life. Then, choose one or two qualities to focus on in your essay. Next, tell a story about a time when you used those qualities to overcome a challenge. Finally, explain how you plan to use those qualities in the future.
Final Thoughts: Cameron Impact Scholarship
The Cameron Impact Scholarship is a four-year, full-tuition scholarship awarded to 10-15 outstanding high school students each year who have exhibited excellence in leadership, community service, extracurricular activities, and academics.
Still not interested in the above scholarship? See other scholarship opportunities here
More Recommended Articles:
- 10 Best Scholarships in Asia for African Students in 2022
- 15 Best Canada Scholarships for International Students 2022
- The Best Scholarships and Grants for International Students
- ASD Ascend Autism College Scholarships
- How to Get a Fully Funded Scholarship to Study in the USA In 2022-2023