Telus Internet & Smart Home Security Installations Technician
Are you looking for a new career in the tech industry? Do you want to learn how to install and configure home security systems? Telus has just the course for you! Telus is looking for Internet & Smart Home Security Installations Technician training candidates in Edmonton. Candidates will learn how to install and configure the home security systems, as well as troubleshoot and resolve the common issues. This is a great opportunity to learn how to work in the tech industry and to help protect the safety of homes!
Also, Read: Data Center Technician (Entry Level) – Revert Inc.
DeFi Alchemist and Head of Regulatory Relations at Electric Coin Company
Electrical Engineer – CWA Engineers Inc.
Location: Worldwide Satellite, Victoria, BC
Salary: $55,000–$90,000 a year
Job type: Full-time
Extended health care
Full Job Description
Job Satisfaction Work-Life Balance Growth Endless Potential
Why choose Worldwide as your next career opportunity?
- Control your earnings potential. The more you work, the more you earn.
- A total compensation program that rewards you on the delivery of results.
- Your day to day is exciting. Work with the latest telecom tech and develop your skills from the ground up.
- Opportunity for learning and progression with a growing and dynamic company
- Your voice is heard; we are always listening to our staff. Together we can improve the business and industry.
Worldwide has consistently been at the forefront of telecom delivery technologies including fibre-optic networks. We continue to strengthen our partnerships to best meet the needs of our current and future clients and ensure steady & reliable work for our team. We are proud of the exclusive technologies that we offer our clients, bringing cutting-edge and innovative approaches to solve their problems. As we continue to expand throughout Canada , we are seeking Fibre Optic & Smart Home Security Installers for steady and reliable work in Victoria & Surrounding Areas!
We have a number of full-time opportunities for both sub-contractor and employee-based positions within our company performing fibre and copper installations and repairs in a customer-facing setting.
Energetic customer service-oriented sub-contractor Technicians for the position of Field Installations and Repair. Multiple positions are available. Work areas are Victoria & surrounding areas! Our customers include the busiest and fastest growing telco in BC!
- Drives to and from end-user locations in a general area,
- Operates equipment and a vehicle, tools and ladders in a safe and responsible manner
- Relates with customers in a professional and polite manner
- Provides an extremely high level of customer service
- Comfortable with using handheld tools and working at heights
- Ensures test equipment, laptop and tools are kept in excellent condition
- Safety Conscious and able to adhere to a intensely structured safety program
Deliver exceptional customer experiences and high quality installations for Satellite TV, IPTV, Internet and Phone Service in customer’s homes and businesses. This is technical position so you will be installing or trouble shooting installations.
This is NOT a tech support over the phone position. You will be climbing ladders, pulling wire and installing Fibre Optic, Copper lines to supply TV, Internet, phone and satellite dish service.
- Prior experience in telecommunications and/or working in the field independently is an asset
- Prior experience in a customer-facing customer service role is a tremendous asset
- A strong technical aptitude and general interest in the field
- Must be comfortable with computers, and able to handle various Windows-based applications Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
- Successfully complete a criminal background check
- Evening and Weekend work is a must
- Must have or be able to obtain a work vehicle with a ladder rack.
- Maintain a valid BC Class 5 driver’s license and provide a driver’s abstract quarterly
- Must be willing to work outdoors in changing weather conditions
- Must be technically inclined and have a desire to learn
- Self-motivated and highly organized to manage workloads with minimal direction
- Wears appropriate safety equipment and follows outlined safety protocols and procedures
This position requires working in varying heights and spaces in accordance with provincial and federal guidelines
As a federally regulated industry, all Worldwide Employees and contractors are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine series, approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, as a condition of hire. Should you be a successful candidate, you will be required to comply with our mandatory Vaccination Policy that is in effect and managed by a third party for privacy and security control.
Only applicants currently located in Canada will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
We have a robust Covid-19 Health & Safety policy that will flex with the changing Public Health conditions.
- fluent English (required)
- Class 5 BC drivers license (required)
About Worldwide Satellites
Worldwide was established accidently by a techie, much like you. The founder, Steve, was a professional technician who enjoyed what he did and thought that, after years of working for a variety of national partners, he could deliver a tech-centric experience where the firm actually valued its employees. “Without the technicians, there is no us,” he has always said.
Worldwide began as a storefront tech business with the founder as the only installer over 20 years ago. Over the last two decades, we’ve grown from a single technician to a tiny mom and pop operation to a continually expanding and growing company with over 75 technicians throughout British Columbia and Ontario.
We feel that our key corporate principles have contributed to our consistent development and success. The whole management team is fiercely competitive, and we all strive to be the best and collaborate with the best in order to provide the finest service to our consumers! We have the honor of working with Aecon Technical Solutions, an industry leader. It’s a trusting partnership, and we endeavor to always supply a workforce that fulfills goal metrics consistently and securely.
While Covid-19 has altered a lot of what we do and how we do it, we still prioritize everyone’s health and safety.
From our clients to the customers with whom we are entrusted, to our personnel. To keep everyone secure, we’ll alter our operations in real time.
Still not interested in the above job offer? See other job opportunities here