The Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSIs) for Student Leaders is a fully-funded scholarship program that aims to intensify the leadership qualities of young and vibrant students. Moreover, this summer scholarship program is a way forward for the students to learn more about the US culture and its welcoming nature towards diversity. The program will consist of different activities such as lectures, discussions, seminars, leadership activities, volunteer opportunities, education travel, site visits, readings, and group presentations.
The student exchange program is meant to impart the skills that are helpful to step into the practical lives of students in their careers. These skills are being taught by different techniques such as giving the participants a comprehensive overview of the U.S. Federal Government System. Furthermore, the SUSI participants are provided with a full-time deep insight into the rules of non-governmental institutions in the creation of U.S. Public Policy and its effective democracy. These non-governmental institutions are non-other than the civic organizations, the media, and the whole private sector. The fellow students learn about the most innovative and advanced techniques in the key performing areas such as public finance, law, health, security, education, and foreign policy, etc.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
- Host Country: The United States of America
- Host University: University of Massachusetts
- Funded By: The U.S. Department of State
- Program Duration: 6 Weeks
- The SUSI 2023 student exchange program is a fully-funded scholarship for Pakistani students.
- Round Airfare
- International and Domestic Travel and ground transportation
- Book Allowance
- Cultural Allowance
- Mailing Allowance
- Health & Accidental Insurance
- Visits to different States & Sites
- Visa Fee
- The candidate must have high proficiency in the English Language.
- The candidate must be between 18-25 years of age.
- The candidate must have a great in the topic of public policymaking.
- The candidate must have at least one semester left in their undergraduate degree program.
- The candidates must be committed to returning to their home countries after the completion of the program.
- The candidate must have great leadership qualities.
- The candidate must have a great interest in learning about the culture of the United States.
- The candidate must have a great academic background.
- The candidate must have an interest in community work and extracurricular activities.
- The candidate must be independent, confident, open-minded, torrent, and thoughtful.
- The candidate must take part in the activities of the program.
HOW TO APPLY
- The application form is very simple and easy to fill.
- First, download the 2023 SUSI Application Form
- Complete an application form and submit it to SUSISLExchange@state.gov latest by October 28, 2022. Only emailed applications will be considered for review. Take special care in answering the essay questions. While saving the file and e-mailing the application, kindly use the following format for the subject line: Applicant Name, Name of Institution, City in which you study, for e.g., YOUR NAME, NUST, ISLAMABAD. (This is important, please do not ignore this!)
- While answering questions, please be mindful of the word limits.
/The Public Affairs Section will contact applicants selected for interviews based on the criteria above, as demonstrated in the application. Interviews will take place virtually around mid-late January 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews.
The list of finalists and alternates will be announced by late April/early May 2023.
The 2023 SUSI application deadline is October 28, 2022.