Do you have a passion for coding and software development? If so, we want to hear from you! At Trinidad Benham Corp, we are looking for a Software Engineer I to join our team. As a Software Engineer I, you will be responsible for developing, testing, and maintaining software applications. You will also be responsible for leading and mentoring other software engineers on our team. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please submit your resume today.
Category – Remote – Denver, CO
$65,000 – $85,000 a year
Trinidad Benham is an experienced employee-owned merchandising, packaging, trading, and distribution organization. We are a flexible organization that not only meets the demands of our retail, food service, and institutional trade clients, but also develops innovative solutions for them.
We strive to be better partners every day, surpassing expectations and achieving new heights. There isn’t a more committed bunch of individuals than those at Trinidad Benham. That is who we are as a business and as individuals.
California, Colorado, Idaho, Tennessee, and Texas have packaging factories; Georgia has a foil packaging factory; and California, North Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, and Idaho have processing plants. Trinidad Benham Corporation is a 100 percent employee-owned firm situated in Denver, Colorado.
History of the Company
Trinidad Benham has been around since 1917. Trinidad Bean & Elevator Company in Colorado and Benham & Company in Texas were founded as two family-owned firms with lengthy histories in the bean industry.
Our two businesses united in 1978. Our new headquarters are in Denver, and we have packaging and processing plants all around the country. Our diversified product choices enable us to provide more to the client. We’re a top seller of dry edible beans, rice, and aluminum goods. We’re large enough to get things done, small enough to be adaptable, and agile enough to keep growing.
Full Job Description
There’s a reason Trinidad Benham is regarded as an industry leader. Trinidad Benham Corp has been in operation for more than a century, so we know a thing or two about creating secure jobs and fostering development.
WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO DO
We’re looking for an entry-level Software Engineer 1 with a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering to help with the rewrite of our bespoke ERP system for our fast changing and expanding company. Candidate must have prior programming expertise, be a self-starter, and be capable of solving complicated issues of various sizes. Our programmers work in small groups and are engaged in every level of the agile/scrum software development process. Within technical and business domains, the candidate must be able to effectively convey complex concepts both vocally and in writing. This job may be done from home or in our Denver Tech Center office.
- Develops and maintains API and UI components that are well-designed, tested, and efficient.
- Keeps up with the latest trends, methods, technology, and other things that affect the profession.
- All phases of our Agile software development lifecycle are supported.
- Unit testing and other developer-level testing are performed.
- Existing systems are troubleshooted, debugged, and upgraded.
- Improves and maintains code quality/best practices in teams.
- As needed, creates program-level documentation.
WHAT WE NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any type of engineering, or equivalent required
- 0-2 years of experience as a front-end or back-end developer, full stack preferred
- Java or C#
- Agile/Scrum methodologies
- RESTful API design and implementation
- React or other modern front-end frameworks
- Proficiency in GIT or other source control
- Familiarity with Azure deployments
- Familiarity with AWS
- Willingness to learn and grow in new areas/areas of little expertise
Insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance and flexible spending accounts
401(k) with employer match
Paid holidays and competitive vacation/sick pay plans
Tuition assistance program
Employee stock ownership program (ESOP)
Annual salary $65,000- 85,000
About Trinidad Benham
We are a 100% employee-owned company offering an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Trinidad Benham cares about you beyond a paycheck and a benefits package. We are culture of teamwork, creativity, pride, and ownership. Everyone at Trinidad Benham strives cohesively to offer exceptional products and service because we know our efforts result in a healthy bottom line and a thriving ESOP. We are planting the seeds for a more sustainable tomorrow. Become an owner today!
Trinidad Benham Corporation is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer that participates in the E-Verify program as required by law. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
How to Apply for a Software Development Job
To apply for a software development job, please submit the following:
- Your resume
- A cover letter
- A coding challenge
- A code sample
Tips for Passing a Coding Interview
- Practice, practice, practice: The more you code, the better you will do in an interview. It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or an experienced developer. Practice coding interviews to improve your skills.
- Be prepared: Bring a copy of your code, as well as an explanation of how it works. Include any relevant examples.
- Use proper language: Don’t use jargon or too many complex words. Stick to basic English, and use concise explanations.
- Be precise: Don’t leave out important details or make assumptions.
- Use white space wisely: A well-organized codebase is easy to read.
- Research the company and the project you’re interviewing for.
- Be prepared to answer questions about the code you’ve written.
- Make sure your code is well-organized and easy to read.
At Trinidad Benham Corp, we are looking for a Software Engineer I to join our team. As a Software Engineer I, you will be responsible for developing, testing, and maintaining software applications. In addition, you will be required to support our agile/scrum software development process, and be able to effectively convey complex concepts both vocally and in writing. This job may be done from home or in our Denver Tech Center office. This is an entry-level position, and you must have prior programming expertise, be a self-starter, and be capable of solving complicated issues of various sizes. Our programmers work in small groups and are engaged in every level of the agile/scrum software development process.
Still not interested in the above job offer? See other job opportunities here