Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2021 | Fully Funded to Study in UK: Shell
Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) of Nigeria Limited Calls for
Applications from Rivers, Delta, Imo and Bayelsa States for its Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship to Study in Imperial College London, University of Abeerdeen and University of Leeds, Deadline is: 15th March, 2021. See Eligibility,
Requirements and How to Apply Online.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture, is delighted to announce the Tenth annual NNPC/SPDC_JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states.
The objective of the scholarship programme is to provide postgraduate study opportunity in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry, for qualifying students from these Niger Delta states.
In the nine years of this programme, 92 students have won the
opportunity to study at top-rated universities in the UK on full
For the academic year commencing September 2021, SPDC in partnership with three universities in the UK–Imperial College London; University of Leeds; and University of Aberdeen will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc. studies..
Benefits & Conditions
scholarship will cover tuition, one economy return-flight ticket from
Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
note that the stipends (living expenses) are based on the Association
of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are
limited to this only.
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note
that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell company is obligated to offer employment
of any sort to any candidate upon graduation, neither are successful
candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the
- SPDC will only provide a medical insurance in line with UK Student Visa requirements
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions:
Imperial College London
- MSc Petroleum Engineering
- MSc Petroleum Geoscience
- MSc Applied Computational Science and Engineering
University of Abeerdeen
- MSc Geophysics
- MSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & Gas
- MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering
- MSc Integrated Petroleum Geoscience
University of Leeds
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- have an adequate standard of English (at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the College’s language requirement
been offered admission to study on one of the Eligible Courses at the
College having applied through the normal application process
hold (or expect to hold by the time of taking up the Scholarship) a
degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours
- must have completed the National Youth Service by September 2021
ordinarily resident in Rivers, Imo, Delta or Bayelsa State of Nigeria,
and intend to return to Nigeria at the end of the period of study
- have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed country
- be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2021
- currently reside in Nigeria
- plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study
- have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2021
employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less
than 5 years) of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies or the
College will not be eligible to apply for the scholarships
How to Apply.
forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites
of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and University
of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- Click here to apply for Imperial College London
- Click here to apply for the University of Leeds
- Click here to apply for the University of Aberdeen
universities will process applications and select candidates to attend
interviews before being considered for final selection
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than the deadline – 15th March, 2021.
information on specific course admission requirements can be obtained
from the websites of the three individual universities.