Project Coordinator – Nexii Building Solutions Inc.
Nexii Building Solutions Inc. is looking for a project coordinator to manage and lead a team of contractors on a variety of construction projects. The ideal candidate will have experience in project management, estimating, and contracting. Nexii Building Solutions Inc. is a rapidly growing company that provides innovative and sustainable construction solutions. They are looking for an individual who is passionate about working in the construction industry and has a proven track record of success. Responsibilities: Manage and lead a team of contractors on a variety of construction projects, Estimate and contract for construction projects, Stay up to date on industry trends and developments, Ensure project deadlines are met and Report progress and issues to the project manager – Maintain accurate records of all project activities.
Also, Read: Electrical Engineer – CWA Engineers Inc.
DeFi Alchemist and Head of Regulatory Relations at Electric Coin Company
Job type: Full-time
Location: Vancouver, BC
Full Job Description
WHO WE ARE
Omicron, a wholly owned subsidiary of Nexii Building Solutions Inc., is one of the largest integrated development, design and construction firms in Western Canada, providing solutions to clients in the Industrial, Institutional, Building Renewal, Commercial, Retail and Residential sectors.
Omicron was established in 1998 by people who believed real estate strategists, architects, interior designers, engineers and builders could work together to deliver a better experience throughout each step of a building project. In an industry driven by traditional market practices, we focus on innovation, service integration and technology to create efficiencies and savings.
We have been a winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program since 2009, maintaining Platinum Club member status since 2015. This program recognizes companies that implement world class business practices and create value in innovative ways.
We have a distinctly entrepreneurial culture and are a tech-forward, innovative, sustainable and award-winning organization focused on success for clients and staff alike.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Project Coordinator, you will support the Construction Manager and project team with overall administration and coordination of the project. You will collaborate with in-house and external project personnel to deliver overall project performance including schedules, costs, quality, document submittal, sub-contract management and stakeholder satisfaction. You will lead components of medium or high complexity projects and may act in a project manager capacity for smaller projects under the supervision of a Construction Manager.
- Follow Omicron’s Construction Process manual
- Record and distribute design/client meeting minutes
- Update Appendixes A (Master Project Schedule), D (CACO Table), E (CCN/CD Table), F (Pre-qual Table), G (Tender Pkg), & I (Submittal Tracking) for Monthly reporting
- Identify submittals; log, track and report status
- Assist the Construction Manager in coordinating required permit applications, project insurance and control documents
- Coordinate project documentation, which includes meeting minutes, Job Opening Form, Change Orders/Site Instructions, Owner’s Instructions, Shop Drawings and Drawing Log, draft Progress Claims, field notices
- Assist the Project Director in the research and preparation of Design and Construction proposals
- Prequalify and assess the subtrade
- Create WCB Notice of Project
- Assist the Construction Manager in tendering process including scope of work and manage RFQ’s and bid queries
- Manage bidders, issue addendums, prepare bid summaries and conduct bid interviews
- Prepare ATPs for approval
- Prepare subcontractor contracts and invoice templates for approval
- Assist the Construction Manager in change management by reviewing subtrade pricing, preparing change orders and issuing TCCO upon client approval
- Validate project scope
- Manage Request for Completion
- Coordinate, motivate and facilitate the completion of project deficiencies
- Manage consultant and client walkthroughs
- Collect, review and handover close out documentation including O&M Manual, warranty letters and stock materials
WHO YOU ARE
- You are curious about the built environment and continuously seek better ways to complete your work. You are passionate about learning and bring a can-do attitude.
- You embrace technology and seek the benefits that intentional application of technology can bring to a project team.
- You are polite, patient and service oriented with team members, clients, sub-trades and the general public.
- You enjoy collaborating with others on your team and bring a friendly, positive attitude to your workplace.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and hold all your work to a high self standard.
- You are able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and unwavering attention to detail.
- You have an open mind when it comes to feedback; you take comments and use them to make your work better.
- You share information openly and proactively; you are concise and articulate in your speech and writing.
- You are organized, thorough and not afraid to get your hands dirty – you jump in to help with a wide variety of tasks.
- You possess strong troubleshooting skills and an eye for detail; you connect the dots where others may not.
- You are solution oriented; you discover and fix issues without being told to do so.
- 2-5 years of experience of construction management with a design-builder, general contractor, sub-contractor and/or owner’s representative
- Diploma or Degree in Engineering, Project Management or Architecture
- Working towards or has a designation in Engineering, Project Management or Architecture
- PQS designation, a trade certification or a business degree considered an asset
- Excellent capability with Outlook and MS Office suite
- Proven experience using Estimating, Take-Off and MS Project software to plan, track and coordinate projects
- Knowledge of Provincial Building Codes, Building Envelope, Timberline and contract law
- Ability to read and comprehend construction drawings in order to contribute to the design and construction process at a technical level
- Knowledge and understanding of construction sub-trade practices, work and design processes
Please note that local travel to job sites and travel to out of town sites will be required as necessary.
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.
Still not interested in the above job offer? See other job opportunities here