2020 Peter Drucker Challenge Essay Contest for Students & Young Entrepreneurs: Peter Drucker Calls for Submission of Entries from Young Entrepreneurs and Students Anywhere in the World for its 2020 Peter Drucker Challenge Essay Contest 2020.
Deadline: 24th May, 2020, See Theme, Eligibility, Requirements,
Prize, Benefits, Application Guidelines and Procedures.
The aim of the Contest is to keep the human-oriented management
philosophy of Peter Drucker alive in the minds of the young generation.
makes someone an effective leader? For one thing, people look for
leadership from those they trust to exercise good judgment. Not every
decision can be simply data-driven; many involve difficult tradeoffs
among competing priorities, or calls that must be made based on limited
information (as in making plans for the future). Great leaders are able
to objectively analyze these complex and often politicized situations
and arrive at their own conclusions. They have a high capacity, in other
words, for critical thinking.
Your essay should offer a point of
view on whether the emerging generation of leaders is being sufficiently
prepared to exercise the critical thinking required of them. What
conditions of the twenty-first century are making this more difficult—or
in what ways is critical thinking better supported than in the past?
The theme for the 2020 competition is “ Leadership and Critical Thinking.”
All applicant must
- Be 18-35 years old (inclusive of both ages)
- Have been selected no more than once (or not at all) among the top 10 since 2010
Essay category requirements
You can submit one essay to participate as either a student or a professional
(please mention your main occupation in the submission form)
are a part-time or full-time student (bachelor, master, MBA, or PhD) or
you are seeking your first opportunity after the completion of your
You are a
- manager of people, projects, budgets, and/or processes
- an entrepreneur or business owner
- licensed professional
- social volunteer or community leader
PRIZES & BENEFITS
- The first prize winner will receive a cash prize of 1,500 EUR (to be handed over at Awards ceremony)
to tenth place winners will have free participation and waived
registration fee (regular fee +/- € 2,000) for the 12th Global Peter
Drucker Forum to be held in Vienna on October 29-30, 2020 at the
Imperial Palace (Hofburg) (including conference bag and brochure, buffet
lunches, and coffee breaks at the conference venue)
- Invitation to pre-conference events on October 28:
- Morning: Drucker Forum Specials (more to come)
Drucker Challenge Get-Together (with partner) – opportunity to network
with peers, Drucker Challenge team and Jury in a Viennese cosy
- Evening: Networking Reception at House of Industry (with partner) – opportunity to mingle with the Drucker Forum family
- Invitation to the Gala event on October 29 with seated dinner and Awards ceremony (with partner)
of travel expenses: Your international travel and accommodation costs
for attending the Forum will be reimbursed based on the travel process
& policy. If you need visa to travel to Austria, they will advise
early travel arrangements.
The jury will assess your ability to analyze, synthesize and produce a coherent and impactful essay, specifically
- Your personal insights and original thoughts about the topic
- Your story-telling style and ability to communicate fluently in English
- Your research and citations of primary and secondary sources
- Your conclusions that could be drawn from Peter Drucker’s article on Managing Oneself
HOW TO APPLY.
Fill in the online form and upload your essay.
In case you encounter problems with uploading, please send your file and information to firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE May 24, 2020, 16:00 CET (4:00 PM CET)
- NO entry fees to be paid
- Authors from all around the world are invited
24th May, 2020.