Applications from Emerging Young Leaders in Nigeria for its 2022 ONE Champion Nigeria Program. Deadline: 19th February, 2022, See Eligibility,
Benefits, Requirements, Application Guidelines and
The ONE Champions program is a one-year volunteer program which is entering its 6th year in Nigeria and they’re looking for passionate campaigners to join the 2022 cohort.
This is a voluntary program where ONE will recruit, train, and
support 50 emerging leaders approximately between 18-35 years of age who
will Champion causes ONE supports at the grassroots, state and federal
levels in Nigeria. ONE advocates and campaigns on education, gender,
health, agriculture and transparency as a means to fight poverty. The
program was launched in 2016 with 20 Champions.
ONE Champions will
work closely with the ONE Nigeria Country program, led by the Country
Director and will work with the direction and support of the ONE
Campaigns team to come up with innovative and exciting ways to engage
policymakers to secure policy changes and public investments to address
poverty in Nigeria.
- A passion for ONE’s mission to end extreme poverty and an interest in international issues
- Willingness to attend a programme induction and training in person in Abuja
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to encourage and support others
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to organise own workload efficiently
- A clear commitment to integrity
- A commitment to stay engaged with the ONE Campaign throughout the year
- Passion for creating change
- Proven commitment to efforts to end poverty
- Interest in engaging policymakers on issues of relevance
- Willingness to dedicate some time to raise awareness and mobilise different people to support ONE’s initiatives
Champions will have access to a range of campaign and advocacy tools
and activities, and will receive support to design and develop their own
action plans with the ONE team. They will be expected to deliver a
range of actions, including but not limited to:
- Meet with decision-makers, movers and shakers
- Use social media to raise awareness and create change
- Encouraging the public to take online and in person campaign actions
- Develop analyses and write ups on key issues
- Help to plan and deliver campaigns actions, stunts and member-recruitment activities
- Help ONE identify strategic personalities to lobby in your constituency
- Keep ONE informed on key developments in their communities and develop content
- Partner with the team to plan events and social media activities
- Help ONE identify strategic media institutions to target in order to maximize publicity
- Assist in the mobilization of members in Nigeria
- Raise ONE’s profile in your community
is a fantastic opportunity to impact your community, country and the
world working with a highly-visible, mission-driven ONE supporters in an
incredible, supportive environment.
- ONE Champions will receive training on how to campaign, pressure decision-makers and engage the media.
will have the opportunity to attend ONE events and put your skills into
practice in meetings with high-level decision makers.
All costs encountered for the induction program are covered by the ONE Campaign.
How to Apply.
19th February, 2022.