Entries are hereby invited for The Nigeria Prize for Literature. The yearly literature prize is endowed by Nigeria LNG (NLNG) Limited to honour the author of the best book by a Nigerian within the last four years.
The prize rotates among four literary genres- prose fiction, poetry, drama and children’s literature. This year, the competition is for Prose Fiction.
The competition is open to only Nigerian writers irrespective of their place of residence. It carries a reward of one hundred thousand US dollars ($100,000.00).
- Twelve (12) copies of the entry and, if available, an e-copy, with evidence of Nigerian citizenship (photocopy of Nigerian passport or National Identity card), may be submitted either by author or publisher, in accordance with the genres in competition. Books should be submitted to Nigeria LNG Limited‘s External Relations Division, promoters of the prize, by the stipulated deadline.
- All applicants must submit their entries accompanied by an application form obtainable online from the NLNG website. Completed forms must be printed and submitted along with the entries. No book published before 2020 will be accepted.
- An author will enter only one published work. Mere manuscripts will not be considered. No book previously submitted for this competition may be re-submitted at a later date, even if major revisions have been made or a new edition published. The prize will be awarded for no other reason than excellence.
- No member of the Advisory Board or Panel of Judges can enter their work(s) for the award in the period in which they are serving and two years thereafter. No entries will be entertained from members of NLNG staff and their families.
- Failure to meet all stated conditions above will lead to disqualification of the entry
PANEL OF JUDGES
- A Panel of Judges has been appointed for The Nigeria Prize for Literature by the Advisory Board for Literature.
- The appointment of judges has been done to reflect the genre in competition for the year.
- Persons appointed as judges have wide experience, peer recognition, good public image and command respect nationally and internationally.
- The outcome of the process as approved by the Advisory Board shall be final.
Panel of Judges:
- Professor Ameh Dennis Akoh – Chairman
- Prof. Osita Catherine Ezewnanebe – Member
- Dr. Racheeda Liman – Member
- International Consultant – Prof. Victor K Yankah
- Prof. Akachi Adimora Ezeigbo – FNAL FLSN Chairman
- Professor Olu Obafemi – FNAL NNOM Member
- Professor Ahmen Yerima – FNAL FSONTA Member
ANNOUNCEMENT AND PUBLIC PRESENTATION OF WINNER.
The winner will normally be announced and presented to the public in October, 2023.
CLOSE OF ENTRY
All entries must be in by 31st March, 2023. Late entries will not be entertained.
The Nigeria Prize for Literary Criticism
External Relations Division
Nigeria LNG Limited
Corporate Head Office,
NLNG Road, Amadi Creek,
Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
The Nigeria Prize for Literature External Relations Division,
Nigeria LNG Limited, 4th Floor, Heron House,
10 Dean Farrar Street, London, SW1 H ODX.
For further information, visit Nigeria LNG Limited’s website: www.thenigeriaprizes.org.
SEE ADVERT POSTER BELOW: