Applications from Startups Across the World for its 2022 Global Social Entrepreneurship Program, See Eligibility,
Benefits, Requirements, Application Guidelines and
Are you an innovator impacting our world for the better? Whether you’re
addressing skills development, sustainability or accessibility,
Microsoft is passionate about supporting your social venture with
technology, connections and community to help your team thrive. They
invite you to apply for the Microsoft Global Social Entrepreneurship
The Microsoft Global Social Entrepreneurship Program supports social
impact startups with technology, connections and grants so you can focus
on bringing your big vision to life and making the world a better
to startups from across the world, as long as your headquarters are
based in one of the countries covered by Microsoft Azure global
infrastructure (54 regions worldwide – available in 140 countries).
- Once approved, you will be eligible for:
- Microsoft Philanthropies grants for select ventures innovating in skills development, sustainability and accessibility.
with large commercial, public sector and nongovernmental organizations
as well as other startups in the social impact space.
- Startups will also be extended membership into the premium offer from Microsoft for Startups which provides:
- Free access to Microsoft techologies including $120,000 USD of free Azure cloud and $1,000/month of GitHub Enterprise.
- Dedicated Go-To-Market resources to help startups sell alongside our global sales team and partner channel.
prioritizes enterprise technology, or B2B startups who can best serve
their customer base and will benefit most from the program. New member
applicants are evaluated using the following criteria:
- Offering an innovative technical solution that supports customers in their digital transformation.
- Less than seven years in existence.
- Less than $25M in total annual revenue.
- Seed, Series A, B, or C stage (or validated equivalent).
- Social impact startups from around the world are welcome to apply.
should carry an internal business metric that addresses an important
social and/or environmental challenge through your products, services,
- You should have a statement of ethics and/ or a
policy of responsible AI for social impact that will generate trust from
customers, partners, and the public for competitive differentiation.
selection will be for startups aligning with key Microsoft strategic
initiatives – They offer qualified startups access to grants in the
fields of sustainability, accessibility, and skills & employability.
should have an established product, service, or business model which is
poised for further growth in multiple communities or countries.
must be engaged in the development of an owned (not licensed)
software-based product or service that will form a core piece of your
current or intended business.
- Your headquarters must be based in the countries covered by Microsoft’s Azure global infrastructure.
- Your funding information must be verifiable.
How to Apply