Are you looking for an exciting, fast-paced career with the potential to grow? Revert Inc. is looking for an Entry Level Data Center Technician to join our team! As an Entry Level Data Center Technician, you will be responsible to maintain and operate our data center. You will be required to provide support to our team of engineers and administrators.
- Maintain and operate our data center
- Provide support to our team of engineers and administrators
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong technical skills in Windows operating systems, networking, and security
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- If you are interested in becoming an Entry Level Data Center Technician with Revert Inc., please submit your resume.
$52,000 – $62,000 a year
- Associate (Required)
- US work authorization (Required)
- Linux: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Technologist (Data Center Technician)
Revert, Inc. is a worldwide pioneer in on-site services that address the two main hazards involved with safe business IT asset disposition: data sanitization and electronic trash management. Thousands of consumers throughout the globe use Revert’s services. The top 20 financial services and healthcare firms in the Global 2000 are among Revert’s clients. Revert is a privately owned corporation with offices in Toronto, London, and Hong Kong. Its headquarters are in Boulder County, Colorado.
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide on-site data sanitization. All essential training (formal, informational, and extensive on-the-job training (OJT)) will be given, as well as daily assistance from team leaders and our headquarters. All essential training (formal, informational, and extensive on-the-job training (OJT)) will be given, as well as daily assistance from team leaders and our headquarters.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- At client locations, provide on-site data sanitization services.
- Deliver on-site data sanitization services for IT assets ranging from PCs and laptops to servers and corporate disk storage systems at client locations.
- Track the movement of storage media logically and physically throughout the workflow, as well as the chain of custody records for every storage media.
- Use data sanitization tools, both proprietary and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), as well as low-level command scripting in the Linux command line interface (CLI).
- Physically destroy storage media on-site to guarantee data is permanently unavailable.
- Troubleshoot and address any problems that develop during data sanitization.
- Reconcile and maintain records for sanitized/deleted storage media; correct physical and logical inconsistencies.
- Arrange for the collection of sanitized and destroyed storage media.
- On data sanitization and/or storage media destruction initiatives, meet SLOs/SLAs.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow documented escalation procedures.
- Sync with global teams on various tasks and upcoming initiatives.
- Understand and adhere to Revert and client documented policies, processes, and procedures.
- Assist with process improvement initiatives and documentation of policies, processes, and procedures, including playbooks.
- Maintain interpersonal relationships with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
- Provide updates and feedback via daily reports and weekly meetings.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of work areas.
- Validating prerequisites, assumptions, and responsibilities.
- Managing delivery and setup of service delivery tools and materials to deliver the Services.
- From time to time performs other duties as assigned or as required by the position.
- Acquire and maintain all required Revert and storage vendor certifications.
Required Technical Skills:
- Must have a working knowledge of PC hardware and use.
- Must have an interest, willingness, and aptitude to learn.
- Working knowledge and experience in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook and Excel), and web browser.
- Skilled at moving heavy loads (using the right tools for the environment, e.g. pallet jack, hand truck, furniture dolly).
- Must be willing and able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to lift and move 50-pound loads consistently, and up to and exceeding 100-pound loads occasionally.
- Responsible for aspects of Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) over which he/she has control, including adherence to Revert’s applicable OH&S requirements.
Required “Soft” Skills:
- Well-organized, adaptable, a clear thinker.
- Proven leadership, influencing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effectively communicate issues to team members and leadership.
- Innovative, actively looking for solutions to problems, a catalyst for change.
- Highly proficient in written and spoken business English.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision; however, also be able and willing to work within rigorous, structured processes and procedures.
- Willingness to accept responsibility and ownership.
- Successful at exercising judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Professional service delivery and related customer-facing experience.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Preferred candidates must have an Associate’s degree with at least one (1) year of on-site, client-facing experience.
- This is NOT an “office” job or “traditional IT” job.
- Candidates must be willing and able to travel up to 100% within the contiguous United States is required. Reliable transportation is required. Airfare, hotel, and car rental are paid upfront by Revert; meals and other miscellaneous travel expenses shall be reimbursed in accordance with Revert’s travel policy.
- Technologists will be working in varying environments: everything from a data center to a loading dock. This means exposure to heat, cold, dust, and noise.
- Candidates must be willing to submit to a comprehensive background check and drug screening prior to employment.
- Candidates must execute an Employment Agreement and agree to a zero-tolerance Code of Conduct.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,000.00 – $62,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
We follow protocols established by local, state, and federal guidelines, as well as customer requirements.
- What is your expected level of compensation?
- Associate (Required)
- Linux: 1 year (Preferred)
- data center/raised floor: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 100% (Required)
Work Location: On the road
The text describes the duties and responsibilities of an Entry Level Data Center Technician with Revert Inc. The technician is responsible for delivering on-site data sanitization services, tracking the movement of storage media, and physically destroying storage media to ensure it is permanently unavailable. They must also be able to troubleshoot and address any problems that may arise during data sanitization. In addition, the technician must be able to sync with global teams and understand and adhere to company policies and procedures.
Still not interested in the above job offer? See other job opportunities here