Applications from Citizens of all Nationalities Aged 18 and above for its 2022 Poetry Prize. Deadline: 1st
See Eligibility, Benefits, Writing Prize, Application Guidelines and
The prize is awarded for the best poetry on the theme of the Alpine Fellowship 2022 – Freedom. Read More about the Theme.
The Alpine Fellowship is a group of writers, thinkers and artists who are passionate about learning and communicating with a view to better understanding themselves and others. They value a capacity for openness – being engaged in critically reflecting on firmly held beliefs; the courage to be vulnerable – speaking from a place of lived experience; the drive for curiosity – being truly able to receive and listen to others.
The think it important to support young people today who may have become somewhat disillusioned by the reality of modern day education. They care about discovering what an alternative model of education might look like. Hence the spirit of the enterprise is necessarily open ended, and they welcome and seek the support, contribution and presence of anyone who relates to what they care about.
ELIGIBILITY & RULES
- Open to all nationalities and to anyone aged 18 and above.
- All entries must be written in English.
- You may submit one poem or a collection of poems as long as ALL the poems in the collection speak to the theme.
- There is a maximum of 500 words per entry.
- There is no minimum required word count.
- Limited to one entry per person, and one may not submit the same piece for the Alpine Fellowship Writing Prize.
- Applicants can enter more than one prize in a single year, but it MUST be with different pieces of work. One piece of work can only be entered once.
- Text must not have been published, self-published or accepted for publication in print or online, or have won or been placed in another competition at any time (including the Alpine Fellowship Writing Prize).
- Due to the volume of applications the judges decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into following the results.
- Submissions will be judged anonymously, so please ensure that your name does not appear anywhere on your work.
- Entry to the prize is free.
PRIZE & BENEFITS
- The winner will receive a £3,000 cash prize and will be invited to our symposium.
- Runners up will be invited to attend the symposium and travel expenses will be reimbursed up to a total of £500. All food and accommodation will be covered.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications close: 1st April 2022