Africa Center of Excellence for Water Management (ACEWM) MSc and PhD Programs 2020/2021 | Funding Available: Africa Center of Excellence for Water Management (ACEWM) Calls for Applications from Ethiopia and Other African Countries for 2020/2021 MSc and PhD Programs. Deadline: 15th June, 2020, See
Eligibility, Requirements and Application Guidelines.
Since 2016, ACEWM has been offering an interdisciplinary MSc and PhD programs in the field of water management, with the primary purpose of training the next generation of water educators, researchers, managers, and professionals and engaging in community outreach activities.
Currently, ACEWM has several PhD and MSc students from all over Africa and some other countries.
ACEWM has established partnerships with different universities nationally, regionally and internationally to collaborate in capacity building, faculty and student exchanges, research and internships. ACEWM engages high caliber and renowned professionals in the field of water management from different disciplines.
ACEWM MSc and PhD Programs Tracks.
the academic year of 2020/21, ACEWM calls for outstanding scholars to
apply for its PhD and MSc programs in the following tracks.
- Water Science and Technology
- Aquatic Ecosystems Management
- Hydrology & Water Resources Management
- Water Quality Management
- Water Supply and Sanitation
- Aquatic Ecosystems Management
- Water and Wastewater Technology
- Hydrology and Water Resources
- Open to applicants from Ethiopia and other African countries
applicants must have a Master’s Degree earned from a college or
university of recognized standing with a grade point average of 3.5 or
higher on a 4.0 scale or equivalent in ECTS. However, applicants with
grade point averages between 3.0 and 3.5 will be given consideration
based on their experience and achievement.
- Applicants to the
Ph.D. program should provide evidence of capacity for research. This
includes a master’s thesis published paper in reputable journal or other
appropriate evidence of capacity to conduct high quality research.
applicants’ undergraduate Cumulative GPA must not be less than 2.75 for
males and not less than 2.50 for females on a 4.0 scale.
who have completed their degree/diploma from foreign universities
(other than Ethiopia) are required to obtain their degree/diploma
equivalent from the Ethiopian Higher Education Relevance and Quality
Agency (HERQA) before admission. (Academic documents authentication by
relevant office is mandatory during admission).
- Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of English language and provide proof of proficiency.
- The age limit at the time of application for MSc applicants is 30 years or less and for PhD 40 years or less.
- Applicants need to meet also the general requirements laid down by the School of Graduate Studies, Addis Ababa University.
- ACEWM will have a modest funding to support research projects of all applicants.
addition to research support, ACEWM will provide full scholarship for
very limited number (3 PhD and 5 MSc) of highly competent applicants
from African Countries other than Ethiopia. A monthly stipend of 600 USD
(Equivalent amount paid in ETB) for MSc and 800 USD (Equivalent amount
paid in ETB) for PhD applicants. The stipend includes accommodation.
- ACEWM will cover tuition fees of limited number of Female applicants from Ethiopia on competitive basis.
- Other applicants are required to be sponsored by their respective institutions or by themselves.
How to Apply
Application materials include:
cover page containing applicant’s full name as it appears on
applicant’s ID/Passport, full contact details including residential and
postal address, email and telephone number(s)
- A copy of ID/Passport
- Detailed curriculum vitae not exceeding 4 pages
- Authenticated copies of previous degrees and official transcripts from previous university/college
- Applicants wishing to pursue a PhD program should submit a concept note not exceeding 5 pages
for PhD programs should identify at least one PhD supervisor and
include CV of her/his potential supervisor and consent to supervise the
applicants research work during the study period
- Applicants for
PhD programs should be willing to undertake their full-time research in
Ethiopia A personal statement/motivation letter describing the
candidate’s interest to join the program not exceeding 500 words
sponsored by their institutions are required to submit a sponsorship
letter from their institution. (The form can be downloaded here)
- Employed applicants must provide a letter of full commitment from their employers that they will be granted study leave
- Three letters of recommendation from instructors/supervisors from previous educational institution, organizations
- Certificate of professional experience if there is any
- Cost-Sharing clearance documents for Ethiopian applicants.
electronic copy of the application documents in English and in a single
PDF document shall be submitted to both of the following contacts:
- Mr. Netsanet Assefa, Student Affairs Officer, ACEWM, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Ahmed Mustefa, Academic Program Officer, Email: email@example.com
- Dr. Beteley Tekola, Deputy Head, ACEWM, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their emails.