In some parts of the world especially in Africa, there is a list of leaders who has hold on to power for a very long time.
While some have been made to resign forcefully, some died on their seats, but some who gained power through the military, forces their country to adopt the democratic system of government and become democratically elected.
Below are the list of Africa’s longest serving presidents;
- 78-year-old Teodoro Obiang Mbasogo | Equatorial Guinea (since 1979).
- 87-year-old Paul Biya | Cameroon (since 1982).
- 76-year-old Yoweri Museveni | Uganda (since 1986).
- 77-year-old Denis Sassou Nguesso | Congo (since 1997). He was also the President from 1979-1992.
- 68-year-old Idriss Deby | Chad (since 1990).
- 74-year-old Isaias Afwerki | Eritrea (since 1993).
- Paul Kagame | Rwanda (since 1994).
- 74-year-old Ismaïl Omar Guelleh | Djibouti (since 1999).
- Faure Gnassingbé | Togo (since 2005).
Check photos below
Mother Finds Snake In Daughter’s Room Believing It Was Shoelace (Photos)
A venomous snake was almost picked up by a mother in her daughter’s bedroom, thinking it was a mere shoelace.
According to the woman identified as Meg, she was cleaning up her daughter’s room when she saw what she believed was a shoe lace. Luckily, Before picking it up, she turned the light on just to check what it was and she realised it was actually a snake.
They managed to catch the snake, threw into a container and put it outside under a tree.
‘I thought it was a shoelace … I was actually going to pick it up and then I thought ‘oh I’d just turn the light on and see what it is’, she told 2GB.
See photos below